Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Odds and ends, bits and pieces

Another experiment in knitting for me : double knitting

I had wanted to try this for quite some time, and when I found the chart for the Tardis (a la Dr. Who) I decided to try it.  It is really fairly simple, except that my color changes kept getting twisted around each other, so my double-knitting was not a tube, it was just 2-sided.  But I will keep trying.  I was intending this to be a Kindle cover, as it is just about e-reader size, but it is a wall decoration for my friend Nancy (a Who newbie) to put in her office.




My youngest daughter caught me at Thanksgiving and showed me something on her Pinterest board and asked if I could knit if for her.  It was a big bulky infinity cowl, so I showed her the GAP-tastic cowl pattern on Ravelry.  She gave it the thumbs up, so I bought the yarn and got busy.  I had this cowl, plus a matching hat in a mock cable twist pattern, when I came back to Missouri at Christmas.  With the weather in KC this week, she could probably use a big bulky scarf.



No comments:

Post a Comment