Thursday, January 9, 2014

Lace updates

A couple of days ago I showed a pic of a triangular shawl on the blocking board.  I took it off and finally got outside for natural light for a picture, so here it is.


I'm glad you can see the hearts.  Otherwise all that work was for naught.

I also got another lace shawl blocked.  This one is PurlBee Wedding Shawl by Purl Soho.  Not having access to 20/12 bamboo, and not really wanting to fork out the $ for it, I obtained 2 balls of Ella Rae Lace Merino at my LYS (on sale at her Super Bowl sale.)  When that was not enough, I went to Ravelry and begged 2 more balls from a wonderful person (who sold me her 2 balls for less than the LYS on sale.)  And the finished product measures 96" x 30" and looks like this:


I put this shawl on the blocking board Tuesday morning about 10:30 a.m., and got a call at 2:30 from a realtor who wanted to show the house at 6:00 p.m. (our house here in Cheyenne is for sale.)  I wavered about taking it up and re-blocking it again the next day, but decided that if someone would let a shawl on blocking squares in the guest bedroom be a deciding factor on the house, they really didn't want it anyway!  So I left it, and when we came home after the realtor and clients left, there was a note on the shawl reading, "Nicely done.  I am a knitter and spinner too."  I felt better, because I figured another knitter would understand why I had left it.

So I am planning to wear this shawl with a blush-colored mother-of-the-bride dress in August when our youngest daughter gets married in Kansas City, assuming the bride doesn't have other dress code ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment