Monday, November 5, 2012

Wow, has it been that long?

Just realized it has been almost 8 weeks since I last posted.  Since then I have been working on lots of projects, and doing a bit of spinning.  I'll give a quick update tonight on what I've been up to, and more updates tomorrow.

Halloween day my LYS had a sale -- 40% off all merchandise between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m.; 30% off from 7:30-8:30; 20% off between 8:30 and 10 a.m.; and 10% off the rest of the day.  There were about 15 of us in the store between 6:30 when I got there and 7:15 when I left.  The shop owner said her husband wanted to know if she thought there'd be anybody there.  I told her it was Black Friday for yarnies!  Here's the picture of my haul -- $87 at 40% off.  John knows the credit card showed $87 -- I just don't think he knew how small a bag would hold the $87 purchase! (Maybe I should try to impress him with my wise spending, since the bill would have been $215 without the discount!) For some reason, I was drawn to muted and neutral shades. Maybe it was the hour of the morning, and I didn't want strong "wake me up" colors

The variegated colorway is Ella Rae Lace Merino (2 skeins I've been coveting for a while).  I don't know what lace I will knit with it, but I'll hold onto it for something special.  The 3 balls of beige are Sublime baby cashmere merino silk.  I'm thinking a very elegant style of scarf for that, maybe an infinity scarf, because I love those.  The 3 hanks of lavender are Kollage Corntastic.  I couldn't resist knitting with corn!  I've got some socks on needles right now from a corn/elastic blend that I can't wait to try on!

And for another update -- a few months ago I posted a picture of the football baby cocoon and hat that I knitted for a friend to give to her younger brother and his wife for their newborn.  The anticipated delivery has arrived, and they sent a picture to me today.  So here is Warrick in his cocoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment