Friday, February 3, 2012

What 4 ounces of fiber makes

In attempting to improve my spinning skills, I bought roving (carded fleece ready to spin) at the only place in Cheyenne that sells roving.  It was a limited selection, but it gave me the opportunity to get some success under my drive belt.  These, as well as the green hat posted earlier, are each from 4 ounce balls of Targhee sheep roving.  All the colors are more vivid in real life.  I can tell I am going to have to take my work outside to photograph!  So far I love spinning Targhee wool  It gets really good reviews as a beginning spinner fiber, because it drafts (pulls the fiber out in preparation for spinning) so well


 Bulky weight, pretty consistent. This was my third roving to spin up.
Thick and thin - my second spinning try

This is probably my most consistent fiber to date.  It is a lace-weight.  The knitting done there is on size 0 needles.  The color is much brighter red than the pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment