Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I can crochet!

I finally decided that crochet is a skill that all knitters should have, and I gave it a try.  YouTube has been a wonderful resource.  The problem with it, as with most things on the web, is weeding through all the crap to get to the really valuable information.  I have learned three stitches:  single crochet, double crochet, and half double crochet.  I can reproduce these at will, but have not learned how to integrate them into a pattern or alternate them in a row of crochet.  Right now, all my crochet projects are rectangles!  I hope soon to be able to read a pattern and make something besides squares, but at least I can pick up a hook and make a credible item.

The picture below are my two most presentable squares, alternating rows of sc, dc, and hdc.  The towel is the Retro Rib kitchen towel.  All of these are in I Love This Cotton from Hobby Lobby.  I think it is the best cotton yarn available from any box store.


No comments:

Post a Comment