Friday, July 19, 2013

Shawls, prayer shawls ..... and prayers

In my previous post, I noted that I am busy knitting shawls for my mom's caregivers at Missouri Rehabilitation Center in Mount Vernon.  I finished the two prayer shawls for her favorite personal attendants, and have moved on to the shawls for the wives of her two favorite physical therapists.








The prayer shawls were done in Lion Brand Homespun in the Trinity Stitch.










The first shawl is almost done.  The yarn is Caron Simply Soft, and the pattern is the Multnomah Shawl, recommended to me by Gerry, who was absolutely right about it (as usual!).  This is a go-to pattern for not having to really concentrate on the knitting.  Although it is technically a shawlette when done with a sport weight or sock weight yarn, I opted for worsted weight to make a complete shawl size.




 
I decided for all of these shawls to knit them in easy-care yarns, since I won't be around to recommend laundering instructions.   I have one more shawl to make, and I'm thinking about the Boneyard Shawl for it, also in Simply Soft in variegated colors.  It's another no-thought knit, which should be good for more car time.

So that covers shawls and prayer shawls.   Now for the prayers.  My mom went home on June 28, but she and my dad decided that she would get more therapy if she went temporarily to a nursing home that offers therapy, rather than using home health therapy 3 days a week.  She has gone to West Plains, so John has called friends to ask them to check up on her and stop by for visits.  We pray for further improvements in her medical condition, and gains in her ability to do more of her own personal care.

1 comment:

  1. Am sending lots of
    Positive Thought and Energies
    For your mom's Speedy Recovery

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete