Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Finally found the perfect pattern for this yarn

There are two types of yarnies in this world:  The ones who pick a pattern and then find the yarn, and the ones who love a yarn and search for just the perfect pattern.  I am in the latter category.......I cannot resist buying yarn, so I just buy as much as I can get of any yarn I love, so that I'll have enough when the perfect project appears.  With this yarn, I found some at the Tuesday Morning store in Fort Collins and some more at the store in Lincoln Nebraska.  I ended up searching 3 other locations where I didn't find any.  When I finished my search, I had 6 balls, so I got on KnittingParadise and asked if anybody had some.  A wonderful woman said she had bought 4 balls because she really loved it but didn't have a pattern in mind, so she sold it to me at her cost plus shipping.  And it turned out to be just enough yarn to finish the Cuff-to-Cuff Sweater on the Red Heart website.


1 comment:

  1. Cool sweater, gal.

    Not certain what sequence yarn vs pattern I use

    However, for a very long time I knit only sox
    So ALL yarn was purchased one skein at a time

    These past couple years
    My knitting has included shawl
    So even my one skein's worth works for many shawl

    I'm only just recently have added sweaters

    We'll see what buying patterns emerge

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete